Friday, July 4, 2008

LAST WEEK IN BRANSON-July 6th


The last week in Branson was very exciting and lots of fun. Our neighbors and I decided to try the boat trip on Lake Taneycomo and really enjoyed the scenery and the information about the lake. We first had another try at Ribs and at at Shorty Small's, noted for the best and I have to agree. Right at the Branson Landing they also have Joe's Crab Shack and another restaurant called "Louie's". Branson Landing is definitely a place to visit with restaurants and shopping.









Our trip along the river was interesting as we were told it never gets above 45 to 50 degrees. No wonder there is no water skiing or swimming people out there. It comes from the damn on a continual run therefore keeping the temperature at that degree all winter and summer. There is a beautiful fountain and fire that goes off every hour at the Landing and in the evening they play music to go with the water show.



On Wednesday I decided to go see Moe Bandy and what a great show he puts on. Again, between the Comets and Moe Bandi, those were the best two shows I saw. There is so much entertainment in Branson and lots of fun to see several. Like I said, 1 week in Branson does not do it justice.


Thursday was the day we had to drive to Springfield to have Critch's two teeth pulled and his new plate put in. I decided to get my nails done while he was in the dentist and low and behold I fell in love with our new little "Tina". I went to a beauty salon and there she was, an image of Tara when she was a puppy. I took Critch over to see her and all he could do was shake his head (yes was the word). This picture is her on the table next to my glass of wine - not a big glass. I think she must be 1/2 lb.!!!!
Since she was only 7 weeks we left her and the owners were going to give her the last shots and have her ready for us on Saturday as we headed out of town. I was able to have second thoughts but both Critch and I were excited to get her.
When we got ready to leave on Saturday morning we had a huge thunder and lightening storm. Was all I could do to get the car hooked up and go to meet Tina at Wal Mart in Ozark, MO. "Thank goodness, we drove about 15 miles and the sun came out and we continue to have great weather since then. When I told Joe and Kay Demarte, Joe was convinced I wasn't this crazy- and it was a stuffed animal!!! When he finally realized I was serious he said we have "oodles of Poodles". Sorry Chastain's, I guess we are up to you in the number of poodles we have!!! Tessie and Tara are not to thrilled but think they will warm up as time goes on.

Our first night was anything but easy. Tina is up every hour but when I take her out she does go. I know it will take awhile but hopefully, by the time we get home she will learn to be a traveler and sleep a little longer!!!!

We stopped the 5th at Red Barn Rendezvous RV park and it was delightful for an evening. We then drove to Crawfordsville, IN and enjoying an easy in and out to get us to Elkhart tomorrow. Only 155 miles to our destination for awhile. So looking forward to seeing Doug and Susan on Wednesday so will update after next week.

















No comments:

Summer 2008 Itinerary


June 22, 2008: KOA Branson until July 5th:

July 5 to 7th: travel from Branson to Elkhart, IN

July 7 to July 21st. Elkhart Campground, Elkhart Indiana

July 16 to July 19th: Supreme Rv service

July 20 to July 22nd: Traveling west on I-80 to Cabella's campground. Meeting up with Mark and Deanna Jenson from MCC.

July 22nd to July 28th: Kimball, NE. Visiting friends, The Evertson's, in Kimball and hopefully meeting up with Bruce and Laura White.